Summer Camp Counselor’s at Long Lines are responsible for providing camper supervision and coordinating group processes while facilitating camp programming in a safe and enjoyable manner. Summer Camp Counselor positions require full-time availability during summer weekdays corresponding with camp sessions. Summer Camp Counselors will report to the Climbing Gym Manager.
- Create a safe, positive, energetic, and enjoyable environment for campers.
- Lead and participate in activities with campers – including, but not limited to, rock climbing, instruction, and team games.
- Assist climbing attendants with gear-up and gear-down processes required for activities. Follow all safety and operational procedures as dictated by Climbing Gym Management.
- Assist management in addressing medical and behavioral concerns with parents or guardians.
- Communicate and collaborate with management regarding equipment needs and ideas to improve camp programming.
- Demonstrate punctuality and reliable character in completing morning duties and greeting campers.
- Participate in team clean-up of all camp areas every afternoon.
- Must be 17 years of age or older.
- Previous experience working with youth in a camp or school environment.
- Highly motivated, energetic, and fun with an outgoing personality.
- Exhibits an honest and sincere passion for working with kids.
- Ability to work independently with a group of 10 or more campers.
- A current First Aid, CPR, & AED Certification.
- Must be able to safely self-transport over uneven terrain or in a confined space.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, team environment
- Must be able to lift and move at least 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stand, lean, and kneel on a regular basis.
- Access to Long Lines membership
- Staff discount program and pro deal
Long Lines provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Long Lines complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Long Lines is an employer that participates in the E-Verify program.